Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sewing Machine Cover

I was visiting my mom a while back to see her new sewing lesson room; first of all, it is beautiful! (I'll have to get pictures, it's so cute) Second of all, I was very impressed by all the sewing machines lined up in a row, covered nicely with sewing machine covers. I haven't really sewn much since I got married (sad story, I know--I am in the works of remedying that), and decided that my machine definitely needs its own personalized cover to keep it clean and safe. 

I looked for patterns to make one, but couldn't quite find one that would fit my machine or what I was really looking for. My goal was to make a cover much like my Cricut machine cover (made by my amazing little brother for Christmas a few years back--isn't that just the sweetest Christmas gift ever??); however, I wasn't really sure how to do it, but I attempted it any.

Basically, I just measured my machine (height, depth, length), added a bit for seam allowances, and well--just fit it around the machine the best I could. I actually didn't have any fabric big enough to make a cover either, so I pieced together various scraps that I had--in the end, I think it turned out pretty cute:




The sewing machine design seen here is actually a quilting paper pieced pattern I found on sewhooked.com (she's got lots of really cute designs).


Next up, a cover for my serger--wish me luck! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is totally cute! I love all the mix of fabrics :]

Becca @ halfwaytohipster.blogspot.com

Jill said...

What a gorgeous machine cover!! Cute little picture on the front and great choice of fabrics too! I love it!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Created by Kathi said...

Love your sewing machine cover... found you on Sugar Bee :) Have a blessed day and good luck on the serger cover :) Kathi

Jenya @ While she was sleeping said...

Love it :)

diana said...

Super cute! Popped over from (last week's) Fancy This Friday. :)