Thursday, September 15, 2011

What I Wore--Rainbow Day!!

Our final color day: RAINBOW DAY!!!


Okay, I know I said pink was my favorite day, and maybe it still is, but I gotta admit--I was totally lovin' rainbow day! Especially since I made this awesome rainbow skirt a while back that was just perfect! 

"Rainbows apologize for angry skies." ~Sylvia Voirol


"My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky..."
~William Wordsworth


"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray." ~Lord Byron


With matching watch band of course (my students think I have a billion different watches--it's the same watch, I promise, just different fabrics from my stash):


and we can't forget the Rainbow SONG! Remember that from the good old days? Oh my goodness, it was so much fun to watch Mrs. Ord (MY first grade teacher--she's still there, and still the best!) teach the first graders the rainbow song--it's like going back in time, only better. :)

Red and yellow and pink and green
Purple and orange and blue
I can sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow too.

Listen with your eyes,
Listen with your ears,
and sing everything you see,
I can sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow,
sing along with me.

Red and yellow and pink and green,
Purple and orange and blue,
I can sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow too!

No comments: