Sunday, July 10, 2011

Reality

I really should be getting some sleep (Vera is persistently scratching at my leg to remind that it is past her bedtime), but if I go to sleep tonight, that means that tomorrow I must wake up in reality, and the smarties will be gone--this week has felt like something far from reality in a way. I have spent the week playing with my sister and my new little niece (whom I met for the first time this week!), and to be honest it didn't feel out of the ordinary at all; it felt right, like this is how things have always been. I know that tomorrow I will want to call her up thinking that she just lives on the other side of town and can come and chill with us, but she will be on a plane heading back to China (okay, Michigan, but right now it feels like China), and I will be sad as I reminisce what fun we had this week. I hadn't realized how much I missed my sister, and how much I will miss my little niece now that we have become acquainted. Sometimes reality sucks. So for now, I am in denial...


Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. 
 ~Philip K. Dick

Dear Carolyn: I am coming to visit you--this is no longer a request, it's a necessity. ;)

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Ahhh...I hope you have a big surprise tomorrow that makes your reality easier to bear. Why is it that after a visit with those we love it seems we miss them ten times more?

Carolyn said...

We miss you too! It's lonely out here. You just name the day and Heather and I will come get you at the airport. Love you!