Friday, February 11, 2011

A Rainy Day in the Park

School was so completely insane during finals; I'm not sure I've ever studied this hard in my life--well, maybe for MacFarlane's tests... ;) but I can honestly say that it was very rewarding. I haven't ever learned so much in such a small space of time, it's unbelievable. I seriously only left the room for dinner and to run to Tesco for some yogurt (oh my London yogurt, how I miss you). However, one morning I did get somewhat of a break--I decided to take a lovely run through Hyde Park. When I say lovely, I really mean a complete downpour!--the only rain we really got on our entire trip in London, and of course it only rained while I was out running; it cleared up as soon as I got home. Oh well, it was quite an adventure. I went all the way across Hyde Park (not a small park by any means) and visited the war memorials over on Hyde Park Corner, then I chickened out and took the tube back home. I was exhausted, cold, and completely soaked, but I did get to see the park, and it was beautiful.




Australian Memorial:




New Zealand Memorial:
Queen Elizabeth Gate:
Royal Artillery Memorial:
Wellington Arch:

No comments: