Thursday, October 14, 2010

Recapturing Beauty: Day 4

Things I love about myself--yes, I'm going to indulge in Day 3's challenge, deal with it--not a comprehensive list (that I shall keep to myself for now), but a few things I discovered about myself:
  • I am terribly creative and have a phobia of thinking inside boxes.
  • I love to make things beautiful.
  • More often than not I can't help but smile.
  • I have a cute, funny little laugh. :)
  • I make my clothes. Heck yes.
  • I love to make things for other people--especially sugary goodies.
  • My eyes smile and sometimes even sparkle.
  • I have adorable dimples.
  • I'm a cute and cuddly little blond, but I could kick your butt if I needed to.
  • Most of all, I am an absolutely beautiful daughter of God and am so happy to be me!
Anyhow, I hope you guys at least tried day 3--it's kind of fun to realize just how much there is to love about oneself--and not in a conceded way, you SHOULD love yourself! What's not to love, really?!

Today we are on to Day 4:
Today's challenge: get ready on the inside! You know, Albert Einstein didn't brush his hair because he calculated that it the time he took to brush his hair would add up to almost two entire years by the end of his life. Now, I most certainly am not promoting to NOT get ready--I am a strong advocate and looking and feeling your best, for sure! But the point is--how much time does it take to look beautiful? I would dare say that it takes less time than we often put into it--and how much time do we spend getting ready ON THE INSIDE? Isn't that just as important? Trust me, what's on the inside can be seen just as easily as what is on the outside--so give that inner beauty some serious quality time!

No comments: