Monday, October 11, 2010

Recapturing Beauty: Day 1


I have yet to met a woman out there who has, at one time or another, felt inadaquet in her beauty (including myself, more times than I care to recount), even though as daughter's of God we are inherently beautiful! Therefore, I am a huge fan of BYU's new RECAPTURING BEAUTY campaign. It's not just about promoting inner beauty, although that is extremely important, but even more than that it is about both inner and outer beauty--loving yourself as a whole. Beauty matters, but our perceptions of what beauty really is have become warped, so Recapturing Beauty is working towards really seeing beauty, inside and out, in everyone and everything. As part of this campaign, I encourage everyone to participate in the 10 DAY BEAUTY CHALLENGE, because I most certainly am! :)



So today, as seen in the picture above, start your journal for the challenge. Write for at least ten minutes and express gratitude for all the things your body allows you to do. Continue to write for at least 10 minutes each day throughout the challenge.

Also, refrain from weighing yourself today--and throughout the rest of the challenge!

No comments: