Sunday, September 5, 2010

Salisbury Cathedral

Funny, this wasn't on our original itinerary, but since Winchester was busy with a graduation, we stopped at Salisbury, and it actually turned out to be one of my favorites! It was beautiful.

And of course--it was being renovated, like everything else here in England.





Knockin' on heaven's door.
The BEAUTIFUL cloister! This is the most gorgeous of any cathedral I have ever seen--and let me tell you, I've seen my fare share.







No cell phones, no bags, but you are more than welcome to slip and fall.
I was having fun with the lights and shadows of the memorials.
This was my favorite--Edward Wyndham Tennant.
He was only 19, and yet he had such a positive outlook on life--and during the Great War even!
The colours of various regiments--look at the flag nearest you, it's practically disintegrating as we speak!


The Medieval Clock: another very cool find. This clock was made around 1386, give or take, and is probably the oldest working clock in existence.



No comments: