Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Beastly Crush

I am absolutely loving my Folklore class, because not only do I get to read fairy tales for class, but there is actually much more involved in those fairy tales than I remember--they are pretty deep, if you look at them right. They have innumerable layers that continue to astound and amaze me. It's quite the learning process, for sure. Anyhow, yesterday we were studying Beauty and the Beast, along with its other variants (The Pig King, The Frog King, The Tiger's Bride, Urashima the Fisherman, The Frog Princess, The Swan Maiden, etc) and the group that was presenting offered this parody of the Disney version:
When I first saw the film as a child, that was exactly how I felt. Now of course I am coming to understand more about inner beauty and the transformative power of love and all the really awesome lessons and meanings from it, but this most definitely made my day. What can I say, I've always had a thing for the beast. :)

No comments: