Thursday, August 19, 2010

Crepes = Ambrosia

Crepes are the best, especially when Nutella is involved. I was quite proud of myself up until this point; I had somehow refused the enticings of Nutella back at the London Centre, but here in Paris my defenses were down and I fell to its deliciousness. Oh Nutella--Nutella on a hot crepe and a scoop of ice cream--now that is some good stuff.

We came out of the Louvre and saw a cloud in the distance; it started to rain, but not on us, just on the Louvre. It was the strangest thing I've ever seen, a full out downpour not more than 100 feet away. However, it did eventually find us, so we ran for shelter at a crepe shop (of course!), where I enjoyed a ham and cheese crepe for lunch, then a Nutella and ice cream crepe for dessert--one of the most heavenly things I have ever tasted, but not necessarily the brightest idea I've ever had. We made the biggest mess!






The crepe man was super nice and just thought we were funny, crazy Americans (not entirely untrue). He kept bringing over more napkins for us, until finally he told us (in between laughs)to go downstairs into the wash room to clean up. I was covered in ice cream and sticky from head to toe, but fortunately the rain showers took care of that--it was a complete downpour not too long following our crepe break, but that flash flood didn't hit until Notre Dame, and that's a story for the next post.

No comments: