Thursday, March 4, 2010

some days aren't the best


Today has been a day, yee-haw. I'm so ready to... ugh, I don't know... I should have gotten my homework done hours ago and been sound asleep, and yet here I am. I haven't slept a wink all week, I've been sick in every possible way you can imagine, and when I finally did make it to bed (thank heavens), I knelt down to pray and knelt right in the largest puddle of dog pee I never thought could come out of either of my puppies. AH!! It gets better--I go upstairs to get cleaning supplies--we were out of course--and on the way back down stepped in dog-crap. WHAT THE HECK UNIVERSE, HOW HAVE I OFFENDED YOU??! Both of my stupid dogs are house-trained, but of course they decide to freak out tonight. UGH. So life is just beautiful right now. I'm all alone here in the stone-cold basement and all I really want is a little bit of understanding. That's really all I've wanted this week--all I've ever wanted...

What a coincidence. Elein, I love you by the way--this post is perfect for this wonderful week:

“To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.” ~ Anthony Robbins

The hardest part about telling people how you feel is that there is a risk they will reject you. Telling your feelings can include disagreeing with someone, telling them you love them, or whatever else you treasure or hold close to your heart. It’s hard to pour things out of your heart only to know that there’s a possibility that what you say will drive you two apart. However, there is a positive side. There’s a chance that your voice of love will bring you closer together. There’s a chance that what you say in disagreement (in a concerned and loving way) that you will get through the hurdle and become closer together. When expressing disagreement and disappointment, realize that you don’t know everything. What we perceive can only be a small part of a large situation so you don’t want to make the other person feel betrayed or hurt (although it might happen no matter what you say). And when they do reject you, give them some space but be available. And if you happen to be hurt, then talk to them about it. Trust that your relationship is strong enough to endure little bumps and flourish in spite of them, because bumps will always come – no matter what your relationship is.


http://yourbiggestfan30.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/“to-effectively-communicate-we-must-realize-that-we-are-all-different-in-the-way-we-perceive-the-world-and-use-this-understanding-as-a-guide-to-our-communication-with-others-”-antho/

No comments: