Saturday, March 6, 2010

it's never too late


Recently (as in the past few months, but especially the past few days/weeks) my mind have been blown by so much wonderful knowledge, I don't even know where to begin. However, as a mortal human being, once overloaded with such enlightenment, I suddenly find myself saddened, knowing how this knowledge would have helped me in the past. "If only I had known..." right? I know you've all thought that at one point in your lives. We all do. Because seriously, if I had only known ________ maybe things would be better.... WRONG! I may not be very good at it, but the thing is, the only way I could have learned all this amazingness that I have now was going through the past, sometimes the hard things or the dumb things or the heartbreaking--that's how we learn sometimes. A mistake is only a problem if you learn nothing from it. I know personally, I am a hands-on, experience-learning kind of person, so I should be grateful that I know what I do now. Maybe back then I wasn't ready--maybe I had to go through those things in order to progress. Instead of looking back full of regret, I am looking forward, applying what I do know now to the NOW.

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHO YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN.
-George Eliot-

Do I ever wish I had done things differently? Sure. Do I wish I were better sometimes? Of course (I am a reforming perfectionist, admittedly). But that doesn't mean that life ends here--there are such things as second chances! and third ones, fourth ones, and on into infinity. Does it really matter how many times it takes to get it right, if you do get it right in the end? Life has absolutely no room for regret. Look forward. If you've messed up (and we all have), get over it and keep moving forward. If you don't go forward, you're going to go backward, and that's not going to get you anywhere. I know what I know now for a reason--I don't know exactly, but I'm going to do everything in my power to apply it and make life the masterpiece it is meant to be.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We KEEP MOVING FORWARD, opening up new doors & doing new things--& curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney-

No comments: