Sunday, January 10, 2010

To my friends


“A friend is a gift you give yourself.” ~ Robert Luis Stevenson

"Seek out a forgotten friend. Sometimes seeking them out will really bless their lives. Sometimes it will greatly bless yours. It is easy for friendships to drift apart and it can be easy for friendships to drift back together. You may find that old friends have new things to offer. And really – you have more to offer than you think."

http://yourbiggestfan30.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/“a-friend-is-a-gift-you-give-yourself-”-robert-luis-stevenson/


I'll be the first to admit that making friends--but more so keeping friends--has not been my forte in the past. I prefer solitude most of the time. I do not like people all of the time; people are confusing, dishonest, selfish, imperfect, and you can never count on them. However, I have changed my ways (to some degree)--this dang ward of mine seems to think they can befriend me--what were they thinking? ;) I don't know, but somehow it's working. People are imperfect, this it true--but just because we are different doesn't mean we don't belong together. Heavenly Father put us on this earth all together for a reason. Friendship is truly one of the greatest blessings we are given here. Don't let a day go by without love and friends--remember what it is in this life that matters most. To my friends: I love you.



No comments: